1. Take the old bed sheet or fabric of your choosing and cut out a rectangle shape, we cut around an old piece of cardboard to keep it as straight as possible.
2. Fold in the corners of one side to make a pointed triangle for the end of your banner, and use a hot glue gun or another type of glue to glue the edges down.
3. Now to create neat edges, fold in the vertical sides of your banner around 1cm, and glue these down.
4. Either freehand, draw a stencil, or print a picture of the design you would like to use using paint or a marker pen, we used acrylic paint. If you have a stencil or print off, you can place it under the sheet to trace it.
5. Wrap the non-folded edge around your twig and roll it over until it is in the desired place, glue this down so it stays put.
6. Tie a piece of string or twine to either end of the twig, you can also glue this in place for extra security if you like.
7. Voila! Your creation is complete, now you can kick back with some lembas bread and a glass of elven wine and pretend you are in Rivendell!
If you try this DIY, be sure to post it on social media and tag us @mythologiecandles or share in our Facebook group so we can see!
Complete the Middle Earth ambience with our Tale-Inspired Candle collection