Want to join a fun, family-based start-up?
We're looking for fun-loving people who love the challenge of learning new things in a fast-paced work environment.
You don’t even have to have experience with candles! We will fully train you.
We are looking for someone who finds it exciting to hustle in a fun startup company. We need someone with astrong work ethic, apositive attitude, anddetermination! You’ll be on your feet with the rest of the team—but you’ll have fun doing it (think: Spotify playlists)!
Here are the qualities we're looking for in a new team member:
- Self-motivated - you find things to do even when you're not told.
- Don’t mind repetition - you don't feel bored by making candles all day!
- Likes fast-paced environment - you're not stressed by a lot happening at once.
- Precision & attention to detail an asset!
- Strong work ethic - you're fully committed and put in 100%
- Independent - you don't need babysitting once you're confident in your task
- Likes to be on their feet and doing things.
- Organized - you leave a space better than when you go there.
We're hiring for the following positions:
Location: Lynden, Washington
Position: Part-Time: flexible hours. Full-Time: M-F 9-5
Hours: We generally work regular hours with weekends off, with the exception of "all hands on deck" occasions during the Fall & Winter promotions and extra-busy seasons.
Pay: $14 to start with 6 month reviews
Mythologie Candles is seeking a friendly, motivated person to join our candle-making crew at our Lynden studio, located in Northwest Washington. Our candles are sold all over the world, but primarily in the USA.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepping vessels for pouring
- Wicking vessels with hot glue gun with extreme precision
- Pouring wax into vessels
- Cleaning candles with care
- Labeling candles with precision
- Organizing inventory
- Contributing to weekly cleaning tasks
- Help with packing & shipping tasks as needed
- Help company refine our systems and processes as we go
You will be a great fit as a candle maker if you...
- Have physical strength - can lift 50+ lbs
- Can work quickly and efficiently
- Have extreme attention to detail - we welcome your OCD tendencies! ;)
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Are friendly and get along easily with others
- Love being in a team setting, but are also great solo
- Have strong communication skills
- Are fantastic at solving problems
- Have the ability to work while standing 90% of the time
- Are self-motivated and find things to do even when there's a lull
- Love being busy
- $50 monthly candle allowance
- Employee discounts
- Opportunity for career advancement in Mythologie
- Getting paid while having fun in a low-stress but fast-paced environment!
Does this sound like you? We would love to hear from you!
Please email us your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Candle Maker Position" and the following information:
~ A blurb about yourself
~ Your top 3 favorite books
~ Top 3 favorite movies or shows
~ Top 3 favorite music artists
~ Any hobbies or cool things we should know about you
~ Why you'd love to join our candle fam!
We are excited to meet you!