Want to join a fun, family-based start-up?
We're looking for fun-loving people who love the challenge of learning new things in a fast-paced work environment.
You don’t even have to have experience with candles! We will fully train you.
We are looking for someone who finds it exciting to hustle in a fun startup company. We need someone with astrong work ethic, apositive attitude, anddetermination! You’ll be on your feet with the rest of the team—but you’ll have fun doing it (think: Spotify playlists)!
Here are the qualities we're looking for in a new team member:
- Self-motivated - you find things to do even when you're not told.
- Don’t mind repetition - you don't feel bored by making candles all day!
- Likes fast-paced environment - you're not stressed by a lot happening at once.
- Precision & attention to detail an asset!
- Strong work ethic - you're fully committed and put in 100%
- Independent - you don't need babysitting once you're confident in your task
- Likes to be on their feet and doing things.
- Organized - you leave a space better than when you go there.
We're hiring for the following positions:
Location: Lynden, Washington
Position: Full-Time: M-F 8AM-4:30PM
Hours: We generally work regular hours with weekends off, with the exception of "all hands on deck" occasions during the Fall & Winter promotions and extra-busy seasons.
Pay: $14 to start with 90 day reviews
Mythologie Candles is seeking a friendly, motivated person to join our candle-making crew at our Lynden studio, located in Northwest Washington. Our candles are sold all over the world, but primarily in the USA.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepping vessels for pouring
- Wicking vessels with hot glue gun with extreme precision
- Pouring wax into vessels
- Cleaning candles with care
- Labeling candles with precision
- Organizing inventory
- Contributing to weekly cleaning tasks
- Help with packing & shipping tasks as needed
- Help company refine our systems and processes as we go
You will be a great fit as a production assistant if you...
- Have physical strength - can lift 50+ lbs
- Can work quickly and efficiently
- Have extreme attention to detail - we welcome your OCD tendencies! ;)
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Are friendly and get along easily with others
- Love being in a team setting, but are also great solo
- Have strong communication skills
- Are fantastic at solving problems
- Have the ability to work while standing 90% of the time
- Are self-motivated and find things to do even when there's a lull
- Love being busy
- $50 monthly candle allowance
- Employee discounts
- Opportunity for career advancement in Mythologie
- Getting paid while having fun in a low-stress but fast-paced environment!
Does this sound like you? We would love to hear from you!
Please email us your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Production Assistant Position". Resume's need to include two work references and 1 personal reference as well as the following information:
~ A blurb about yourself
~ Your top 3 favorite books
~ Top 3 favorite movies or shows
~ Top 3 favorite music artists
~ Any hobbies or cool things we should know about you
~ Why you'd love to join our candle fam!
We are excited to meet you!
Seeking a Friendly Customer Service Rep (Aka. “Happiness Wizard”) for Mythologie Candles!
We are a fun-loving, family-run, fast-paced start-up company based in Lynden, WA! We make hand-poured candles for fans of fantasy, folklore, myth & legend (think 'Lord of the Rings')! We're seeking a Customer Service Representative (we call this person a Happiness Wizard 🧙♂️😀) to help us in our communication efforts with our customers. This is a full-time position, and is fully remote outside of a few days spent during your onboarding process in our Production Warehouse where you will learn how to make our candles so you can share your experience with our customers!
We’re looking for someone who can emulate our core values, voice, and ensure that we treat each customer as though they are a celebrity!
Mythologie Candles began as a passion project by Celtic Metal artist LEAH, who is also known as a Christian homeschooling mother of five. Soon after, her kids and husband joined in and it became a full-fledged family business. Combining their love of fantasy, fiction, history and Celtic folklore, Mythologie Candles has quickly become the leading fantasy candle brand. We are all about FUN and making life more enjoyable. We are in the happiness business!
Here's who we're looking for:
- Someone who values Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, Positivity and Creativity.
- 2 Years Customer Service Experience Required
Our new Happiness Wizard must be a self-starter. You require little to no guidance on how to best communicate with customers via email or social media.
You are EXCELLENT with your “tone of voice” via text communications. And you know just the right emoji to use.
Quick to pick up new tasks, learn new software and or applications. If you are not tech savvy, this is not the job for you!
- Thrives under pressure in a fast-paced [virtual] environment and also finds lots to do during slower times.
- Someone who consistently maintains a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers at all times and is fantastic at problem resolution with customers.
Is willing to learn our products inside and out so you can answer any questions you may face.
- Someone who has the ability to communicate and coordinate with colleagues as necessary, whether by phone, email, Slack, Voxer or Zoom applications.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries, including acknowledging and resolving customer complaints and processing orders/returns and/or exchanges.
- Someone who contributes feedback and updates in our weekly virtual team meetings
- You are the type of person who needs to have their T’s crossed, and I’s dotted!
- Lives in Western Washington and is available as needed for meetings and important events (Minimal in person meetings)
- Is available for part time weekend shifts
- Not easily overwhelmed
- Precise and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Strong Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Fast at learning new platforms, apps, programs, etc
- Compile customer service metrics weekly for team meetings using customer service ticket analytics via Freshdesk andcompile order numbers per day and week via Shopify
- Can manage multiple email accounts ensuring a response time no longer than 2 hours
How to apply:
- Send us your Cover Letter and Resume to:email@example.com
- Be sure to include two work references and 1 personal work reference on your resume
- Tell us what your top 3 favorite movies are
- Tell us what your top 3 favorite books are
We are excited to bring on the newest member of our 'family'!